This year our coach ramble will be to Bakewell and Chatsworth in the Peak District on Sunday 29th April. We are offering the chance to visit Chatsworth House and Gardens as we hope to attract some our members whom we do not see very often.
The outline plan for the day is as follows:
- Our coach will leave Pocklington at 8am and call at Market Weighton and Beverley, before arriving in Bakewell around 10.30am
- The coach will then make the short journey to Chatsworth House for those members who want a day out Chatsworth House and Gardens.
- There will be a choice of circular walks from Bakewell. Current proposals are for a 12 mile walk, a 10 mile walk and an 8 mile walk, led by Alex Gymer, Martin Hill and Richard Primmer respectively.
- Additionally, there will also be a 4 mile walk from Bakewell to Chatsworth for anybody wishing to both enjoy a shorter walk and to also visit Chatsworth House and Gardens.
- Around 4pm the coach will leave Chatsworth to return to Bakewell, which is an idyllically situated Peak District town on the banks of the river Wye, with a medieval five-arched stone bridge.
- Bakewell has a great range of pubs, cafes and restaurants, providing a great opportunity for those requiring a meal before returning home.
- We expect to return to Pocklington, the last stop, by 8.30pm at the latest
How much will it cost? - The cost of the coach will be £13 per person.
If you wish to visit both Chatsworth House and Gardens we can enjoy a special price of £13 per person, but only if 15 book. Otherwise normal admission prices apply (apparently £12 to visit the gardens only, last year)
How to book the Coach Ramble on Sunday 29th April
The cost per person will be £13 for the coach and this is non-refundable (unless we resell your seat) and is payable on booking. So, if you are interested can you please:
- Send a cheque for £13 payable to “PSW” to Martin Hill at 4 Keldgarth, Hutton Cranswick, East Yorkshire YO25 9RJ.
- Tell him where you want to get on the coach
- Let him know if you wish to go to Chatsworth House and Gardens (only possible for those not going on the 8, 10 or 12 mile walks)