What do you want to achieve from walking?
- Enjoyment of Yorkshire's beautiful coast and countryside
- An opportunity to select a walk from a programme of Led walks
- Developing and maintaining a level of fitness
- Be with a group of like minded people
- Participate in related social activities
East Yorkshire and Derwent Ramblers offers this and much more.
As Britain's biggest charity in England, Scotland and Wales working for walkers for almost 80 years, the Ramblers Association aims to promote walking and improve conditions for all walkers.
With offices in London, Cardiff and Kinross, the Association has a small team of paid staff,
but otherwise relies on teams of local volunteers to support its work by: -
- promoting walking as a healthy activity
- safeguarding the footpath network
- protecting the countryside
- providing information increasing access for walkers
This is in addition to regular programmes of walks organised by local volunteers.
More information is available from the Ramblers