At both Group and Area level there is always a need for volunteers to make things happen. If you have a little time to spare there are many different ways you could help to support the work of your local team.
Perhaps you could offer to: -
- Lead one or two walks a year for your local group?
- Training and mentoring is available [see navigation training] and routes can be supplied if required.
- Devise a special interest walk – birds, flowers, churches, geology, town walks, walks for families, a push-chair or wheel-chair walk, a walk for the visually handicapped
- Help with mail-shots (put newsletters etc into envelopes)
- Regularly walk footpaths near your home and report any problems
- Go out with a footpath working party once a month
- Help prepare a newsletter or publicity leaflet
- Help to organise a social event, coach ramble or even a weekend away for your group
- Help to resource the RA stand at a local show or event
- Write up a walk for the local press
- Take notes at a meeting
- Create/maintain a website for your group
- Provide photographs or help make a display for a publicity event
- Serve on your group or area committee
Even if you can only manage an hour or two occasionally, your help would be very much appreciated so please don't hesitate to contact your Group Secretary or Area Officer.
Volunteers can sign up to Ramblers Volunteer News for regular email updates.